MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The MSD vision is to become the leading healthcare company serving patients and communities where we operate around the world. In Norway we are taking significant steps in our transformation journey towards a more customer focused operating model providing innovative and meaningful value proposition for our customers. There is a well-defined strategy for growth and business priorities are clear. We are looking for a highly competent, collaborative and innovative colleague to succeed.
We are seeking a Communications Manager on a 12 month contract, preferably commencing no later than 1 April 2017. Reporting to the Director Policy & Communications, the Communications Manager supports our Managing Director and the Management Team, and has the overall responsibility for running the company’s internal and external communication in accordance with MSD’s strategies.
In this role, you will be working in the Norwegian organization of one of the largest pharmaceutical companies worldwide, teaming up with highly skilled and motivated colleagues locally and internationally.
Key responsibilities are:
- Creation and execution of communication plans for internal and external communications.
- Creating and maintaining professional relationships with relevant media
- Supporting our therapeutic area departments in implementing global communication strategies
- Overall information to the organization utilizing internal communication platforms
- Provide expert advice in developing media analyzes to implement and evaluate activities
- To participate in management team meetings when required in order to ensure that the decisions made are communicated in a clear and consistent manner.
Qualifications and capabilities:
- 3-5 years of experience in internal and external communications
- Experience in working in a highly regulated environment is an advantage
- Strong and sound ethical platform in line with MSD’s core values
- Highly skilled as a writer / communicator with ability to network effectively both internally and externally
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure, good prioritization skills
- Good project management and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command in Norwegian and business proficiency in English languages, both verbally and in writing
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Accession: 01 April 2017
Primary Location: Grønland 51, Drammen
Hans Petter Strifeldt, Director, Policy & Communications
mobil: 99480650, mail: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting application: 20 January 2017